Monday, March 06, 2006

Abby's Birthday



Okay, so it has been half of forever since I have updated! It has been so long in fact that Abby's first birthday has long since come and gone. So here are a few photos of her party, (it was on Feb. 11th).

Unlike my other kids, Abby completely demolished her cake! She loved it. We actually had to take it away from her, and the poor cake was a nothing but a mass of crumbs and carnage. Although it was adorable, I was a bit sad because Grandma and I worked so hard to make the perrrrfect hello kitty cake! Hee-Hee



What else is new here in the white house, you may ask? Well right after her birthday, Abby mastered the art of walking. She is now into everything and trying her best to keep up with her siblings. Once again I am amazed at how quickly time has flown. It's sometimes hard for me to believe that "the baby" is a year old already. Watching her grow is so bittersweet. It's hard to see her leave the baby phase behind, but at the same time it is always reassuring to see her develop normally. That is if anyone is THIS family can be normal.

In order to one-up his sister who is walking, Gabe has decided to take up flying. It will be so nice when the weather warms up and I can send him outside to leap and fly and save the galaxy from the dark side with his light saber.

Grace is becoming soooo independent lately, (and no that is not a complaint). She is really into picking out her own clothes, getting herself dressed and being the "mommy" to her babies. Of course that usually means that she is dressing them, and bathing them, brushing their hair and protecting them from being obliterated by the light saber of young jedi Gabe. There is never a dull moment around here.

Clint has been very busy the past month and a half finishing the remodel project. We completely gutted the room where Gabe is, and updated it. It looks great. I will take some pictures and post a before and after shot.

I've been having fun with my new toy. I purchased a new camera about a month ago and have been trying to figure out all its bells and whistles. I feel so out of practice in the photography dept., but I know it will all come back to me. I just did my fist "shoot", with the supervision of a more experienced friend, and must admit the photos came out great. I was blessed because the baby was very content and let me click away. Here's a few of my favorites.


I will try to be better with the updates and post a few more frequently. In the mean time, those of you who have endlessly harassed me for an update, well here it is....and this does mean that I expect to see an update on your blog! You know who you are!!!!

5 comments:

Alecia said...

Okay, I know we just video messaged minutes ago, but my neices and nephew and SO STINKING cute!! They are really beautiful kids, I know I'm partial cause I'm Auntie, blah, blah, blah...whatver and GAW!

PS: 8 days and counting....

The Smith Family said...

Ya, I guess Alecia didn't get that last part about updating her blog! Anyhow, I totally agree about the cuteness. I can't believe how big Gabe is! He's huge! And the photos you took are fabulous. Miss you guys, and I will talk to you soon.
Shannon

Anonymous said...

Very cute! This will make ya laugh: I now have 3 blogs... Geez.

caleb and sarah turner said...

Great job on the pix Jen! You go girl! And I loooove the birthday princess hat! Where can I get me one????

Anonymous said...

Did I mention those kids sure are cute?? Good thing you married Clint!!! HAHAHA Just kidding of course! How's Idaho? Still Cold I'm guessing.