Monday, November 20, 2006

The Fam

The family has been doing well. Last update was Gabe's first day of school. He has been doing really well. For awhile, we had thought of advancing him to the first grade. But the staff at the school didn't seem to fond of it, so he's just the smartest kid in kindergarten that's all.
Funny story, we had his first parent/teacher conference, and she told us that he needs improvement in cutting and penmenship! The kid can freakin read the encyclopedia and talks like he's an adult, but he needs to work on his cutting skills! I felt like telling her that unless he plans on being a surgeon, what's the big deal!
So needless to say, we haven't been the most impressed with school, but the important thing is that Gabe loves it. And I have to admit that socially he is really improving. They seem to be testing his theory that he was born into this world perfect, we're just the ones screwing him up! :) Seriously, I love my son!
With Gabe in school, I have had more time to work with Grace. She is doing really well. She has complete visual recognition of the alphabet, and for the most part, can recognize the lower case as well. She loves to do her school work. In fact, she begs me to quit cleaning house and do school work with her! Crazy huh? But we are working at it, and I hope to start teaching her to read this spring.
Having all day without her brother has been good for her. She loves that she gets the extra time with me. And it's been good for her and Abby to learn to love each other. Not that it goes well most days, but they have to rely on each other for entertainment now.
Abby is quickly approaching 2 (in Feb.). I just can't believe how much she has grown. We've been off the binkie for quite some time now, and she's in a big girl bed too. Her vocabulary is phenomenal! She talks alllllll the time! And is so bossy with her siblings! It cracks me up to hear her and Gracie argue. I'll hear Gracie in there yelling "No MAM!" And Abby yelling back "Stop 'Racie, gimmie dat NOW". Everyday is an adventure here.
Instead of trying to upload a bunch of pictures, I thought I'd try a slide show instead.
The pics are all from the past couple of months. Some are from our hurried trip to Seattle in Sept. Clint grandpa passed away, and we sped out there for the funeral and a day with his family. Some are from halloween. Some just from everyday moment. And some are my hopeless attempt to capture my children in portraiture- funny I can take great pics of other peoples kids......my own....... not a chance!
Enjoy!

No comments: