Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Parenting 101

Tonight I went in to tell Gabe to get ready for bed. Being the ever cooperative young man that he is, he was giving me some grief about it. Being the ever sensitive and experienced mom that I am, I could tell this behavior was a cry for some one on one time with mom. So I knelt down looked him square in his eyes and asked him, "Gabe, do you know what a wedgie is?". To my surprise he screams "Yesssssss!" and takes off running for the living room holding his buns! Of course the only recourse I had was to maniacally laugh and chase him down.

"Gabe do want a wedgie? Do you? Huh?"

At this point I have pinned him on the couch and am popping his toes as he wriggles to get a away.

"Come on Gabe hold still so Mama can show you what a wedgie is!"

"I KNOW WHAT A WEDGIE IS MOM!"

As I proceed to lovingly give my son a first class wedgie, all the fuss has roused his ever curious sisters and here they come gleefully screaming into the living room....

"I want a wedgie Mom" "Me too, me too" "Give me one"

Well.... what good mom wouldn't grant her children the desires of their hearts....

I tell ya, moments like these....it's the reason I had children!

*rubs hand together and laughs "Muah Ha Ha Ha"*

5 comments:

Alecia said...

I see wedgie I gave you at 2am on Friday night really had quite an effect on you.

Anonymous said...

Oh to be a momma!! Enjoy every minute it goes by way way way to fast.
Love you both so much,
Kelley

Jenni said...

That is hilarious! I can say that I have never done that do my kids, but not a bad idea especially since I know none of them know what it is :)

Anonymous said...

Hey sis, thanks for the story. The laugh it brought was one I needed. You have a knack for telling everyday events so humorously! I miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Yeah. I tease my two that I'm going to eat them. Will says (Being in the five year old literalist stage), "No momma. Can't eat people. Just nibble." Ok. Just nibble. Heh.
Cute story.
SARA