Monday, October 13, 2008

Old Man Winter

It snowed a little bit on Friday. It was kind of funny to see these tiny little flakes come down.

Saturday morning Grace came running into our room.

"Mom! Dad! All those little flakes stayed. I looked out my window and there is snow everywhere! I pinched myself. I'm not dreaming!"

Sure enough there was 3-4 inches Saturday morning. And it snowed ALL day, and most the night. By Sunday morning we had between 10 and 12 inches in some places.

It was no longer funny. I'm not ready for winter. And in protest, I will be wearing my tank tops and shorts with flip flops today. And crank the heat up.

BOO. BOO to you Old Man Winter.

How dare you try to sneak in and ruin one of my favorite seasons.

By the way, on Thursday the "meteorologist" said we had a chance of some flurries over the weekend. Clearly he partied his way through college! It's IDAHO, there's never a "chance of flurries". That ALWAYS translates to "winter storm watch 2008".

On a bright note, the kids loved it.

Clearly my child has a snow deficiency.



2 comments:

Jenni said...

That is just crazy! I can't believe it snowed so much, in mid October! Well, I'm not jealous :) I'm wanting a fall baby, not a winter baby :) Fun updates, great to hear about your homeschooling endeavors, hope they continue to go well even with all the bumps here and there, keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Oh, man. We're getting snow sky down /here/!l It's /awful/!! Part of the reason we moved down here in the first place! Enjoy the snow.
Looks like the kids are. :)
SARA