Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Chruch

In case that last part about Clint being a worship leader again, through you off...let me fill you in on another change in our family. In September God really began to impress on Clint and I that we needed to step down from the ministry at out church (ELCC), and wait for His direction as to where to go. God had been dealing with Clint for nearly a year, but it he kept fighting it. Here's a little history on us...WE DON'T LEAVE CHURCHES! In our married life of nearly 10 years, we have left two churches...both because of a move. So when we felt lead to leave it was not a decision we took lightly. After a lot of prayer, we resigned in early October and did the church shopping game for two months...not a game I am fond of...it comes with NO party favors! :)
I could ramble on and on about all the churches we tried and the great people we met..but more recently God made it very clear (finally) where we were supposed to be. Of course it came right after WE had decided where we WANTED to go. God said, "Yeah not so much...go here". We said "Oh God NO not THERE!" To which He replied "YEP"! Funny thing when God gives you a ministry and talent, you don't get to choose where it is utilized. For those of you who have grown up with me...now would be a good time to grab your heart...here is come...we will now be attending and ministering at Valley Christian Center (formerly Hazelton Assembly Of God). I KNOW!!!!!!! Trust me when I say that God had to do some serious talking for me to realize this is where we belong. Its hard for me to return to my roots, but the Pastors there are great and their vision for the community and salvation is so refreshing and easy to couple up with. So please keep us in your prayers...the people there are wonderful, but for me it almost feels like we are being called to the mission field! I say that in love.

Awwww Memories....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOOOW!!
Listening to God takes discipline.....Good job! We will continue to pray and watch to see what come next!!
Love you Kelley